A College Student's Complain
Yeho Natan
II
I was asked by
someone a week ago about someone/something that I would rebel against of. A lot
of ideas popped-off my head. But there is a single thing that I really am so
particular of with regards to my studies. Being an education student, I am
aware of assessments - how to make assessment tools and how to know the depth of
student’s knowledge. Well, I am not saying that I am a perfect student but having
a lot of education instructors, I am taught how to construct a good test paper.
Those professors.
I already have
had several number of professors who instructed me and guided me and taught me
pedagogical concepts well. But there are just professors who, I know, are not
treating college students like how most of the professors treat. I am not
saying there bad or they do not teach well. It’s just that, the level of
difference between their treatment to us against other professors aren’t
parallel. There is a wide gap.
There are
instances that they go the classroom ANGRY or sometimes they just give
unpleasant statements against us out of their personal emotions. Some of them
give major examinations with just one type of test (that needs memorization)
and it’s not just a simple test, it’s a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
test. Personally, it is not fair. I know it is not.
There was one professor (a good instructor, actually one of the best) said “Do not bank on
the negative side of the teachers.” But a 19-year old student like me can
already know which is which. All of us (in our classroom) have the same complain.
We are just so thankful we got several teachers who teach us with LOVE AND
TENDER CARE. I hope someday, this student’s problem would be taken care of
somebody from a higher office. I am just positively hopeful.
In the end,
everything will be charged to experiences. I know it is part of a student’s journey. It is
part of growing up – part of being human.
#BatoBatoSaLangitAngTamaayWagMagalit
No comments:
Post a Comment